prabāt

where the mind is without fear...


the waiting game

I wake into the emptiness of thoughts
into a vacuum longing to be filled.

Winter falls into the blossom field
an eerie stillness hums
dew frozen on snow clad leaves
a chill wind whistles
as I lay cuddling
looking up to the barren sky
pondering on the sunny days
echoing the summer’s peace.

The sublime warmth of drizzling rays
raining over my dry skin
the joy in the tingle
as the sun warmed my heart –
They all seem a distant past
ruminating in the wild of the present
craving the eternal peace
for that unruffled thaw.

The clear sky, the clean cloud
sparkling ounces of sunlight
dreams greeted by the genial rays
smiles hailed by morning dews –
They all seem a distant past
rendered numb by the coldness of present
crying out for the warmth
for the bliss of that heartening beam.

Summer is still away.
And my eyes already search the horizon
as my heart waits.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
|