prabāt

where the mind is without fear...


The world loves me

Want to know if the world cares for you? Want to know how many remembered to remember you? Want peace? Want quiet? Want bliss?

Walk into your office early morning before the rest of the mass hurls in, bring in a hot cuppa from the vending machine, sit at your terminal and… check your mails!

Its probably the noblest of all the daily morning rituals. There is nothing in this world more peaceful than a silent early morning office with just a footstep or two tapping beside my ears every now and then, and laying back on my stylish push-back seat with a hot cup of Nescafe from the vending machine spreading out an amazing vapor tickling my smell buds and my fingers double-clicking the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ icon. “Updating inbox…” says the status bar of my Outlook as I open it and gape with my wide open eyes and start watching all my overnight mails pumping in at an extravagant pace, all this accompanied by the blissful exercise of sipping the upper crust off the delicate fluid in my hand.

Look what do I see.. I sure seem to have a lot of admirers all around the world, whom I know nothing about. There are those people with domains that sound like a mix of greekish latin english and love me so much that they provide me ways to enlarge parts of my body to make me look better and offer me unbelievable mortgage and medical discounts, give away the costliest software for nothing and even help me find girls to date. And there are some who just want to let me know they still care even though they have nothing to say, by sending a contentless, subjectless, meaningless mail. And there are also a few mails from those I know.

Meanwhile, my cubicle-mate has just taken his place enacting a morning ritual only slightly different to mine (he sips tea!), and I just walk over to his desk not wanting to miss the “Updating inbox…” phenomenon. Look what do I see.. An almost ditto of my inbox, but for the mails from those known few.

An overwhelming happiness beams upon me as I give out a broad grin. After all, I am not the only privileged victim of Spam!

This post is dedicated to my teammate Chaitanya - the most spammed member of our team!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
|